And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. (Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)
- Kids For Christ (KFC) School: Children are an integral part of our family at New Life Community Church! We invite all children from kindergarten through fifth grade to join us for Kids For Christ on the second and fourth Sundays of each month. A kid friendly dinner will be served at 6pm followed by Christian education classes until 7:15. Please contact the office for more information.
- New Life Youth: All youth in sixth grade and older are invited to get involved with our youth group. The group will meet every other Sunday evening from 6:00- 7:15PM. After a meal, youth gather for fun activities and a time of scripture study, as they build lifelong friendships while growing together in knowledge and love of God by learning, serving, praying and playing together, not just during youth group gatherings but in a variety of other activities offered throughout the year. Please contact the office for more information or you can email our Youth Leader, Cameron Matthews, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acolytes & Scripture Readers: During our morning worship service, children/youth serve as Acolytes and Scripture Readers.
- New Life Music: 6th – 12th grade students are welcome to sing with the New Life Music Ensemble that sings on Sunday morning.
- Morning Worship: Our morning worship service, held each Sunday from 11:00 AM, is child-friendly and we welcome and encourage your child to attend and participate in all aspects of the worship service. Your child may giggle, cry, get restless, wiggle around, etc. because that’s what kids do! But they may also sing, pray, listen to scripture, and learn to worship by watching you and others in our community of faith worship. We want all children to know that they belong to Christ and are welcome in His church.
- Children’s Message: Each week all of the children in the morning worship service are invited to the front of the church where they hear a special message developed and delivered just for them. Although especially for the children, these messages usually contain some pretty powerful truths for adults as well!
- Vacation Bible School: During VBS, children learn exciting bible stories, sing songs, do crafts, play games, and much more. This event is free and open to the community. 2024 dates TBD!
These are just a few highlights of the many wonderful programs and activities we have available for children at New Life Community Church. We also have lots of other fun events scheduled throughout the year, and invite you to check the New Life Calendar for updates!