And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. (Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)
- Children’s & Youth Sunday School Classes: Children and youth are an integral part of our family at New Life Community Church! We encourage all children and youth to get involved in a Sunday School class where they will build lifelong friendships while connecting with others in a smaller group setting. Our children and youth grow together in knowledge and love of God by learning, serving, praying and playing together, not just in Sunday School but in a variety of other activities offered throughout the year.
- New Life Youth: Youth group meets on Sunday evenings from 6 – 7:00 PM for food, fun, games, and bible study.
- New Life Kids: This Fall, all children in 3rd, 4th, & 5th grades are invited to join us for “Bible Black Belts”. We will learn different passages of scripture or bible skills as we move through the nine belt levels: white, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, red, brown, and black. This study will help familiarize children with the Bible, giving them a solid biblical foundation for a lifetime of faith, through a variety of learning activities including games, reflection, movement, and rhythm. For more information or to register, please contact the church office by calling 985.785.6868 or emailing email@example.com.
- Acolyte Program: During our morning worship service, children from 2nd through 6th grade serve as acolytes. An acolyte class is offered each year to help children learn about this important responsibility.
- Morning Worship: Our morning worship service, held each Sunday from 10:30 AM, is very child-friendly and we welcome and encourage your child to attend and participate in all aspects of the worship service. Your child may giggle, cry, get restless, wiggle around, etc. because that’s what kids do! But they may also sing, pray, listen to scripture, and learn to worship by watching you and others in our community of faith worship. We want all children to know that they belong to Christ and are welcome in His church. We do have the option of nursery care for younger children; our nursery is staffed each Sunday from 9:00 AM until 11:45 AM.
- Children’s Message: Each week all of the children in the morning worship service are invited to the front of the church where they hear a special message developed and delivered just for them. Although especially for the children, these messages usually contain some pretty powerful truths for adults as well!
- Vacation Bible School: We host a week-long vacation bible school each summer from 6:00 – 8:15 in the evenings. During VBS, children learn exciting bible stories, sing songs, do crafts, play games, and much more. We usually have well over 100+ in attendance and it is a great week for all! This event is free and open to the community. Click here for more information.
- Easter Bash: Our annual Easter Bash has become a favorite community activity for many, featuring hundreds of candy-filled eggs, face painting, a rabbit petting station, crafts, a bounce house, and more! This event is free and open to the community.
- Christmas Program: Our annual Christmas program gives children the opportunity to shine, as we produce a play or musical that tells the story of our Savior’s birth.
These are just a few highlights of the many wonderful programs and activities we have available for children at New Life Community Church. We also have lots of other fun events scheduled throughout the year, and invite you to check out our “Events” page for more information.